I’ll have to say that I’ve been dreaming of making these for a few days now. Most of the time I think about food combinations and try to play it out in the kitchen.
Finally this morning I was able to make these for everyone. Got up at 6:30am. Put the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and my nose took over! 🙂
1 cup apple compote (like from my previous recipe) or any other fruit you like
4 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate all the biscuits and stretch out the dough so you have room to put the compote. Set aside.
- Mix apple compote (or other fruit) with cream cheese.
- Put 1 tablespoon of apple and cream cheese mix in the middle of the biscuit. Sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
- Fold biscuit over apple and cream cheese to close.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all 8 biscuits
- Place in a non-stick pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked add some butter over the top of biscuits.
This is such an easy recipe that it screams “Bake me, bake me!”. The smell of cinnamon in the oven just made the whole house smell so good. The biscuits are small enough to grab-and-go drop off the kids at school and daycare respectively.
Try it out and let me know how you like this.
I’m still eating my third biscuit. What can I say? I really like it.
Enjoy, Bon Appétit, Buen Provecho! 🙂