I made these for Christmas and I absolutely loved them. I got the inspiration from Cooking Classy.
Amazingly I didn’t change anything on the recipe so I’ll just copy it below:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar, for coating
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter on medium speed until creamy, about 20 seconds.
- Blend in 2/3 cup powdered sugar and salt. Mix in vanilla. Sprinkle cornstarch over mixture (just so it doesn’t blend into one area) then with mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour and mix just until combine.
- Stir in Pecans.
- Scoop dough out 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball, then place balls on parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 16 – 18 minutes, until bottom edges are lightly golden.
- These actually are a cookie that are meant to be dry. Dry but a melt in your mouth kind of dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes then while cookies are still warm, pour 2 cups powdered sugar into a bowl and roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar once more, this time to generously coat (I pressed it into the powdered sugar to give it a thick coating).
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Enjoy, Bon Appétit, Buen Provecho! EdibleReflections.com