I had 2 bags of fresh cranberries and kept debating what to do with them. It finally occurred to me to make cranberry juice. So here goes the recipe.
I got the inspiration from a recipe I found on Pinterest by ourpaleolife.com. Oh dear Pinterest!
Homemade Cranberry Juice
2 bags of fresh cranberries (12 ounce packages)
4 cups of water (or more if it seems a bit too pure for your taste)
1 cup of honey (or more to taste)
- Add cranberries and water to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. All the berries should have popped open and be a little mushy at by this point.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the berries into it. Keep the berries for the next recipe. 🙂
- Pour the honey into the bowl with the hot juice. Stir until the honey is dissolved completely.
- Allow the juice to cool about an hour so it’s not too hot to handle. Pour the reserved juice into a ½ gallon container (preferably glass) and store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy, Bon Appétit, Buen Provecho! EdibleReflections.com
Mine came out a bit thick since I didn’t use a very fine mesh strainer. That being said, I love the taste and texture. Night and day difference from what you buy in the store.
Tomorrow I will post the Cranberry Cream Cheese recipe where I used the berries from this juice.
So come back! 🙂
Enjoy, Bon Appétit, Buen Provecho!